Skip to main content
New Mexico Department of Agriculture The letters NMDA with the D internaly shapped as the state of New Mexico. Logo

Search our site:

NMDA Hemp Registration

As required by state law, New Mexico Department of Agriculture issues licenses to businesses/individuals cultivating hemp. The New Mexico Environment Department issues licenses to businesses/individuals for processing activities following harvest, including extraction, distillation, and manufacturing. A brief summary of each license and document issued by New Mexico Department of Agriculture follows:

Additional forms:

Understand that a valid license is proof that you have registered with the state as a hemp producer with the intent of producing hemp. This license  is required by law enforcement if you have viable hemp plants or a grower in possession of raw hemp.

If you have a special need and require one of the above licenses, please contact us. Questions regarding hemp and nursery applications and licenses can be addressed at or by calling (575) 646-3207.